LGBTQ Themed Education Abroad Programs
In this section:
How to Find Education Abroad Programs
Most University of Michigan education abroad programs can be found in the database, M-Compass.
If you cannot find a program that fits your needs in M-Compass, the International Center’s Education Abroad Office can help students find and arrange non-University of Michigan education abroad programs.
U-M education abroad program offerings change often. Search “M-Compass” using the Special Interest Area parameter, “Gender and Sexuality” to see a current list of related programs. To find additional opportunities, look at the course listings of the foreign university of your choice to see if there are any LGBTQ themed courses.
- School for International Training (SIT) offers a study abroad program in the Netherlands on sexuality and gender.
- Hofstra University offers a short LGBTQ Studies study abroad program in Paris, France.
- Antioch University offers a Comparative Women’s and Gender Studies Program in Europe which emphasizes LGBTQ topics.
- Augsburg College offers a study abroad program in Cuernavaca, Mexico. Courses cover LGBTQ and gender issues.
- The Danish Institute for Study Abroad (DIS) in Copenhagen, Denmark offers courses on gender and sexuality in Scandinavia, including a course on LGBTQ in Europe.
- Global Experiences offers internships in LGBTQ-related organizations in Dublin, London, Paris, Sydney, New York City, and Washington, D.C.
- Syracuse University offers a course on Sexualities on Social Life in Spain during their Madrid, Spain summer session.