LGBT Themed Study Abroad Programs

In this section:

How to Find Study Abroad Programs

Many study abroad programs at the University of Michigan are coordinated through the Center for Global and Intercultural Study, which houses both the Office of International Programs (OIP) and Global Intercultural Experiences for Undergraduates (GIEU). Search the OIP website and GIEU website for programs of interest. OIP maintains a partial list of non-OIP programs affiliated with the University of Michigan. The International Center’s Education Abroad Office can help students find and arrange non-University of Michigan study abroad programs. Look at the course listings of the foreign university of your choice to see if there are any LGBT themed courses.

University of Michigan LGBT Themed Study Abroad Programs

  • The University of Michigan Women’s Studies Department occasionally offers study abroad programs for undergraduates with an LGBT emphasis. Contact their department at 734-763-2047 or for current information.
  • The Global Intercultural Experience for Undergraduates (GIEU) offers short-term intercultural study in selected sites in the US and abroad. Sites change yearly, but previous years have included a number of sites with an LGBT focus.
back to top

Non-University of Michigan LGBT Themed Study Abroad Programs